Last Modified: Jan 28, 2013
Personal Information We Collect
"Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
• Postal address
• Telephone number
• Email address
• Building name
• Apartment number
• Occupation, interests, and other profile information
We collect Personal Information when you participate in various opportunities that we provide, such as:
• When you register to use the Site
• When you complete your Site profiles
• When you make a request or otherwise contact us
• When you participate in one of the Site's interactive forums, such as the message board
We may combine the Personal Information we collect from you with information we receive from and about you in other online and offline contexts, as well as with information we receive about you from other sources.
We allow you to submit the Personal Information of other occupants of your apartment. You may only submit the information of those individuals who haveauthorized you to do so.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
• To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to permit you to use the various features of the Site;
• To send you notifications, as requested by you;
• To send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
• For our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products or services, improving our services, and identifying usage trends. And;
• As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How We Use Personal Information with Third Parties
End User Private Information shall be not be disclosed to outside parties by MyBuilding, without users' permission. MyBuilding agrees to take all reasonable precautions to prevent the disclosure to outside parties of any End User Private Data, unless required to do so by law enforcement authorities or by a court of law of competent authority. Nothing herein is intended to limit MyBuilding’s right to identify that Client is a customer of MyBuilding and to utilize all information obtained pursuant to this Agreement or in connection with the Services provided hereunder for statistical and comparative purposes, provided it is not disclosed in any manner which could reasonably identify Client or End Users.
Non-Personal Information We Collect
"Non-Personal Information" is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
• Browser information
• IP address
• Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
• Demographic information and other information provided by you
• Aggregated information
How We Collect Non-Personal Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Non-Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
• Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computertype (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version.
• IP Address: Your Internet Protocol ("IP") Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using byUseryour Internet Service Provider. We automatically log your IP Address when you visit the Site. We can use it to help diagnose problems with our server, as well as to administer the Site. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information. We may use your IP address to help protect ourselves and our partners from fraud. For system administration purposes, we also log IP server addresses and catalog traffic patterns through our Site. However, we do not link this information to users' personal information.
• By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site. For example, we may use Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
How We Use and Disclose Non-Personal Information
Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below.
NOTE REGARDING CHILDREN
The Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such children.
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. We do not represent or warrant that the Site, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site's availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: If you have a question or complaint regarding the Site, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us by writing to MyBuilding Inc, 130 West 25th Street, Suite 4C, New York, NY 10001, or by calling us at (877) 862-8362. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
If you have any questions please write to email@example.com